IT's Easy to plan a watermelon party!
SIX MONTHS BEFORE THE PARTY:
- Design and order watermelon party invitations.
- Create your invite address list.
- Start thinking about watermelon themed appetizers, entrees and desserts.
Tip: Be sure to check out Pinterest for fun ideas!
THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE PARTY:
- Consider sending a Save the Date cards.
- Start planning your decorations and favors/giveaways (i.e. watermelon candies, pens, pencils, stress balls, lip balm, etc.).
- Plan your games and prizes (i.e. watermelon flip flops, towels, candles, socks, beach balls, etc.).
- Plan your menu of food and drinks (both alcoholic & non-alcoholic).
- Purchase paper items, decorations, giveaways and prizes.
- Book a photographer or recruit someone to take pictures.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE PARTY:
- Mail your watermelon invitations.
- Purchase non-perishable food items.
- Order special cakes, cookies and catered food.
- Make reservations for rental equipment (i.e. margarita machine, cotton candy machine, party bus, tables, chairs and tents, if needed).
- Start decorating your venue — be sure to pay attention to detail!
- Recruit party day assistance from family and friends.
- Talk someone into coordinating and facilitating the games on party day.
TWO Weeks BEFORE THE PARTY:
- Start purchasing food items.
- Call to confirm ordered items and rentals.
- Continue decorating your venue.
- Start preparing foods that can be made ahead of time and frozen.
ONE Week BEFORE THE PARTY:
- Complete decorations and party set up.
- Stuff piñatas, prepare tables and position chafing dishes.
- Complete grocery shopping.
- Prepare as much of the food items before party day as possible.
The Day BEFORE THE PARTY:
- Recruit lots of assistance.
- Complete your decorations.
- Prepare food items (sauces, marinades, salsas, watermelon juice and chop).
- Pick up ordered items (cakes, cookies, etc.).
- Prepare ingredients and shapes for appetizers.
- Make watermelon keg or carved creations.
- Coordinate deliveries.
The Day of THE PARTY:
- Prepare food and assemble appetizers.
- Slice fresh watermelon.
- Coordinate last minute activities.
- Greet your guests.